We often have clients asking whether off the plan new buildings require an inspection.
Below are just some issues we discovered on behalf of our clients, where their builders had failed to build according to the plans:
- doors & windows schedules are often different from plans
- locations of toilet & exhaust fan, vanity size are incorrect
- roof coverings finished above the separating wall and discharging onto neighboring property
- incomplete roof sarking installation or sometimes fails to provide external ventilation when sarking are provided
- lack evidence for termite management system
- inadequate ventilation for kitchen range hood
- finished grounds falling towards building structure & foundation
- inadequate ground drainage systems such as agi drains
- inadequate grade to floor waste at shower recess
These are just some issues shared between 3 new builds we inspected recently from suburbs from Sunshine, Werribee to Blackburn.
So the answer is ‘yes’, its always a good idea to get your off the plan house inspected.
Contact us by emailing email@example.com or call Joe on 0431 848 587